Try the Secret Recipe of Murgh Musallam
Murgh Musallam is a Delicious Mughlai dish with whole chicken that is stuffed and cooked. Murgh means Chicken, Musallam means whole/entire/full. If you want to prepare this, you must cook it whole, to enjoy the real taste of Chicken Murgh Musallam. To learn how to make Shahi murgh musallam, follow the steps and ingredients mentioned in this recipe of authentic murgh musallam. You need to spend some of your time and energy to prepare this delicacy.
Also Check: Amazing Spongy Dhokla Recipe
What is murgh musallam? This question was answered in the very beginning of this article. Murgh Musallam is mistaken to be Grilled Chicken/ tandoori chicken/ dum ka murgh/ Chicken Tikka masala. You can call Murgh Musallam as Stuffed Whole Chicken.
Also Check: Chicken Tikka Recipe
In this article I have brought to you Murgh musallam recipe with pictures. I stuffed the Chicken with boiled eggs and vegetables, you can stuff it with rice, dry fruits, minced meat or anything that you like.
- Whole Chicken -1 (2 kgs)
- Salt 1 tsp
- Black Pepper ½ tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tablespoon
- Coriander & Cumin Seed powder 1 tsp
- All Spice Powder 1 tsp
- Red food colour ½ tsp
- Yoghurt ½ cup
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- Boiled Eggs 2
- Onions 2
- Capsicum 2
- Baby Corn 8
- Garlic cloves 5
- Tomatoes 2 (deseeded)
- Tooth pick
- Oil 4 cups (deep frying)
- Chat Masala ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder ½ tsp
- Almonds 15
- Cashews 10
- Coconut sliced 2 tsp
- Charoli 1 tsp
- Bay leaves 2
- Cloves 5
- Poppy seeds 1 tsp
- Onions (medium) 2
- Green chillies 3
- Oil 1 teaspoon + 2 tablespoon
- Wash the chicken well, make marks on the chicken using fork. With a knife, make very well slits on the chicken.
- Prepare a marinade using Salt, Black Pepper, Ginger Garlic paste, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander & Cumin Seed powder, All Spice Powder, Red food colour, Yoghurt and Oil.
- Rub this marinade on the chicken, apply the marinade in the slits, also in the stomach side. Let it rest at least for an hour.
- It’s time to stuff the chicken, first we need to dice our tomatoes & capsicum into thick chunks take care to deseed the tomatoes and capsicum well. Cut the baby corn in halves. Keep the boiled eggs as it is.
- Also dice the onions.
- Stuff the marinated Chicken with boiled egg, few onion, tomato and capsicum chunks, add few garlic cloves, repeat the same.
- Secure the chicken with the help of toothpicks and/or thread so that the stuffing does not come out.
- Sprinkle red chilli and chat masala powder on the chicken on one side. Heat oil in a wok/ deep pan, place the chicken such that the red chilli and chat masala side comes down. Repeat the same on the other sides.
- Let the chicken fry on low heat till it turns brown, it takes 15 – 20 minutes to cook on one side.
- For the gravy, heat a pan and toss Almonds, Cashews, Coconut sliced, Charoli, Bay leaves, Cloves, Poppy seeds. Remove these after 2 minutes.
- In the same pan add a teaspoon of Oil, Sliced Onions and Green chillies, fry till onions turn brown.
- To a mixer/grinder, add the fried onions, green chillies and roasted spices, make a fine paste by adding water gradually.
- Heat a large vessel, add 2 tablespoons of oil, add the prepared paste also add the leftover marinade (if available) to it. Cook till it turns light brown.
- Add the fried chicken (without removing the thread/toothpicks) in the gravy, add ½ cup of water to it. Keep turning the chicken or keep adding the gravy on the upper part of the chicken too.
- Serve this murgh musallam with chapathi or rice.
You may also like: Restaurant Style Butter Chicken