In this Article you will learn ‘How to make Pav Bhaji’. This Pav Bhaji recipe is really simple and easy to make, it uses simple ingredients, yet it tastes wonderful. Follow the Instructions in this article to enjoy this amazing Pav Bhaji at home.
Pav Bhaji is a delicacy which was originated in Mumbai. It may be served as an evening snack. Pav is an India bread or bun which is small in size when compared to the burger buns. Bhaji is a curry that is made using vegetables like tomatoes, potatoes, onions, capsicum and spices, cauliflower may also be added to this.
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Green chillies – 2
- Onions – 8 (small)
- Capsicum – 1 (large)
- Tomatoes – 8 (large)
- Potatoes – 2 (large)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Salt 1 – tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Pav bhaji masala – 3 tsps
- Lemon – 1
- Coriander leaves – a bunch
Also Check: Dhokla Recipe
- Butter – a dollop (per serving)
- Pav (as required)
- Few chopped coriander leaves
- Lemon wedges
- Chopped Onions (Optional)
Procedure to prepare Pav Bhaji
- Chop the tomatoes, onions, capsicum and green chillies finely.
- Boil potatoes and peas separately.
- Heat oil or butter in a pan, add ginger garlic paste.
- To it, add chopped green chillies, onions and capsicum, fry till the onions turn translucent.
- Add a pinch of salt to fasten the process.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cover and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Turn off the flame, cool this mixture and grind it to make a fine paste.
- Reheat the pan and add the ground paste, also add green peas, boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Mix it well and add salt, red chilli powder and pav bhaji masala.
- Add 5 cups of water and let that come to a boil.
- Squeeze in a juice of lemon and top it up with few chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with pav, a dollop of butter and a lemon wedge.
Also Check: Healthy Fritters/ Bhajiya Recipe