Hi Foodies! Let us discuss another recipe of Pasta. It is called Makhani Macaroni or Macaroni in Makhani Sauce or Makhani Pasta. Makhani sauce is prepared by mixing few spices (this is similar to the mild sauce of butter chicken) which makes it much more tasty and interesting. Let’s get started with the recipe!
You may Also like: Cheese Pasta Recipe
- Pasta – 2 cups
- Water – for boiling
- Salt – 1 tsp
For making Makhani Sauce
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onions – 2 medium size
- Tomato – 4 medium size
- Cashew nuts – 8
- Almonds – 5
- Salt – to taste
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- All spice powder – ½ tsp
- Milk/cream – ½ cup
- Butter – 1 tsp
People also watch: Restaurant Style Butter Chicken Recipe
- Boil Pasta and drain the excess water, keep the water to use later.
- Soak almonds and cashew nuts till it softens.
- Grind them to smooth paste by adding milk or water.
Preparing the Makhani Sauce:
- Heat oil in a pan, add pureed onions, cook till it turns light brown and raw smell goes off.
- Add pureed tomatoes to it and saute till it dries.
- Add salt to fasten up the process.
- Drop in some red chili powder, turmeric powder and all spice powder.
- Mix them all well.
- Add few drops of water so that the spices don’t stick to the pan.
- Put the ground mixture and stir well.
- Add pasta and a cup of the reserved water.
- Check for the consistency.
- Drop in a dollop of butter and give a final mix.
- Serve hot.
This is an easy recipe and is very simple. Your kids will love it for sure. It has an Indian punch to it, which makes it a dish loved by adults too. Do try it at home and let us know your feedback!
You may Also like: Homemade Sauce Recipes