Lauki ka Halwa
Hey Foodies! Today we are here with a recipe which is loved by most of us. It is also known as Lauki ka halwa, kaddu ka meetha, kaddu ka halwa and kaddu ka mitha. It is an Indian sweet dish, which is made using bottle gourd, sugar and khoya are added to it and garnished with dry fruits. So, let’s get started:-
- Bottle Gourd – 5 (Medium Sized)
- Khoya – 500 grams
- Sugar – 450 grams
- Almonds – 8 to 10 (sliced)
- Cashew Nuts – 8 to 10
- Pistachios – 8-10
- Ghee – 1 Cup
- Food colour (orange) – ¼ tea spoon (optional)
You may also Like: Butter Chicken Recipe
- First, cut the bottle gourd remove the stalk from both ends. Cut them into pieces (horizontally and vertically)
- Discard the flesh/seeds and keep the skin, grate it using a grate till you are left only the skin, discard its skin.
- Another option is to take out the white flesh and seeds from inner part peel them and then grate them by either using grater or food processor.
- Take a vessel, heat it, add ghee.
- When ghee melts add grated bottle gourd to it.
- Stir it on low flame for at least half an hour or till it gets cooked.
- Turn the flame high and add sugar to it, it turns watery.
- Also add khoya and stir till turns to a homogenous mixture.
- Add food colouring to it.
- Stir it again till it is completely dissolved.
- Cook till the entire water is absorbed and you can see a layer of ghee on top.
- Add almonds, cashew nuts and pistachios.
- Stir it for 1 minute and your delicious dish is ready serve it in a plate.
- Finish it by garnishing with sliced almonds.
You can store this for more than 7 days but trust us you will eat it within a day or two. It is a recipe that is being made in our home since I was kid. Do try this delicacy and let us know your reviews about it.
People also watch: Secret recipe of Murgh Musallam