Homemade Kulfi without Ice Cream Maker
In this article, you will learn “How to make kulfi at home” without the use of any ice cream maker or any other instrument. Kulfi is basically an ice cream made with whole milk, flavor of saffron is added, condensed milk may be added, almonds and pistachios are added. If it is moulded in a pot, it will be called matka kulfi. Let us get started with our kulfi recipe!
- Milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk powder – 40 gms
- Saffron strands – 5
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pistachios – 8
- Cream – 1/2 cup
- Corn flour – 1 tsp
- Water – 2 tbsp
Procedure to make Kulfi
- Boil the milk in a vessel, make sure it should not be made of steel because it may get burnt easily and the taste will change.
- After boiling for a good 10 minutes, add a cup of sugar to it.
- Let it simmer on low flame.
- Cook till it is reduced to atleast 3/4 of original quantity.
- Add the milk powder, mix well such that no lumps are formed.
- Alternatively you can first mix the milk powder with a small amount of milk in a bowl and add it to the boiling mixture.
- Now add the saffron strands, chopped pistachios and cardamon powder.
- Whisk the cream and add it to the vessel.
- Mix the cornflour in water and add it to the prepared mixture.
- Keep it on low flame, boil till the mixture reduces to half while stirring it.
- Cool the mixture and transfer it to containers of your choice.
- Choose a container/ mould that can be closed properly.
- Freeze it for about 4 hours and serve chilled, do not forget to garnish with few chopped or crushed pistachios.
I personally love this recipe, it does not need any instrument or ice cream maker, but tastes awesome! Believe me! My family and Friends loved this, I was asked by almost every person that how I managed to make it. Make this Kulfi for your family and enjoy it.
Also Check: Murgh Musallam Recipe