Chicken Jalfrezi comes from Indian – Chinese cuisine that involves frying pieces of chicken or vegetables in oil and spices to produce a dry, thick sauce. Jalfrezi Chicken is one of the delicious dishes to eat. It is quite easy to make and tasty to eat. Here is an excellent recipe for a fresh tasting, home-made Chicken Jalfrezi. It is one of the easiest curries to make. Spicy and good! Jalfrezi Chicken is a must try the recipe. Make your dinner more cheerful this delicious dish goes best with naan/roti or even rice.
- Boneless Chicken – ½ kg
- Capsicum (green) – deseeded and cubed – 1
- Bell pepper (red) – deseeded and cubed – 1
- Capsicum (yellow/orange) – deseeded and cubed – 1
- Onion -(cubed) – 1
- Onion (sliced) – 1
- Tomato – deseeded and diced – 1
- Tomato Paste – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Black Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Crushed Red chili (optional) – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Green Chillies – 2 diced
- Oil – ½ cup
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the sliced onions, fry till they turn light brown.
- When the onions start turning brown, add the chicken.
- Cook till it changes colours.
- When the chicken starts turning white, add ginger garlic paste.
- Stir well and cook till the chicken is thoroughly done.
- It’s time to add the spices.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, coriander powder, crushed red chili and stir well.
- After a while, add chopped green chilies and tomato paste.
- The tomato paste gives a beautiful red colour to the chicken.
- Cover it and let that cook for good 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add the vegetables, i.e., the diced onions, tomato, red capsicum, green capsicum, and yellow or orange capsicum.
- Now, if you do not find the coloured capsicum easily, you can use any one colour that you get.
- Add a dash of water, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- We are now done with the recipe. Turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with Naan.
Also Check: Boneless Butter Chicken Recipe
We have tried this recipe at home, it turned out great! Do try this recipe at home and let us know your reviews through the comments.