Hi everyone! In this article, we will see how to prepare Cutlis Kheema Cutlets. This is considered to be a long recipe, but with some multitasking the result will be excellent.
It is a recipe that I learnt from my grandmother. We make it using mutton mince that will be stuffed in potato filling and will be coated with a mixture and fried. Without wasting much time let us look into the recipe.
For Potatoes mixture:
- Potatoes – 1g
- Water – for boiling
- Salt – 1 tsp + as per taste
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tsps chopped
- Mint leaves – 1 tsp chopped
- Mutton mince – 300gm
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onions – 2
- Salt – as per taste
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Water – to make a smooth batter
- Salt – 2 pinch
- Black pepper powder – 1 pinch
- Boil or pressure cook the potatoes along with water and some salt.
- After they are completely done, put them on a sieve to drain excess water.
- Once it cools down a bit, peel them.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Add salt, pepper, chopped coriander, chopped mint leaves and mix them well.
- Keep this aside.
- Divide them into 18-20 balls of equal size.
For the stuffing
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add sliced onions, sauté till it turns brown.
- Turn the flame to low.
- Add salt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, pinch of turmeric powder.
- Mix them well, without letting it burn.
- Add a dash of water and the minced meat.
- Let all the spices and onions get coated on the minced meat.
- Now, add some water and let the minced meat get cooked.
- It takes around 2-3 whistles.
- Remove the lid and check for the seasoning.
- Cook on high flame till the water is evaporated completely.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to it. (Believe me it enhances the flavour of the stuffing!)
- Remove excess oil, reserve this oil for future use.
- Let it cool down, add juice of half a lemon.
- The stuffing is now ready.
Bringing Cutlis into shape
- Grease you palms with the reserved oil.
- Take appropriate amount of Potato mixture, flatten it on your palm.
- Add a teaspoon or two of the minced meat stuffing.
- Now make a shape of it as shown in the video.
For the Batter
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, water, milk, salt and black pepper.
- Make a batter by whisking it.
- The batter should neither be too thick nor too watery.
- Add oil on a tawa/griddle for frying.
- Add the prepared cutlis in the batter, coat it well.
- Drop it in the oil.
- Fry well on both sides.
- Cutlis are ready to serve.
People also like: Secret Recipe of Murgh Musallam