Chicken Corn Soup
In this article we’ll go through a very simple soup recipe, a recipe loved by most of us. Yes, I am talking about chicken corn soup also called chicken sweet corn soup . Let’s get started with our recipe!
- Chicken – 250 grams
- Water – 6 cups
- Salt – ½ tsp + ½ tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Corn flour – 3 tsp
- Corn kernels – ½ cup
- Egg – 1
- Soy Sauce
- Chilli sauce
- Tomato ketchup
- Vinegar with green chillies (To 1/2 cup vinegar, add 3 chopped green chillies)
Must Try: Garlic Chicken
- In a small bowl, take half cup of water and add corn flour.
- Crush 3/4th of the corn kernels.
- We can use chicken-on-bone or boneless chicken. I prefer using boneless chicken in this recipe because we get rid of the hard time separating the flesh from bones.
- To a vessel add water, chicken pieces, ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Wait till it boils, cook on medium flame for 5 – 10 minutes, turn off the flame and after 10 minutes remove the chicken.
- Shred the chicken pieces or just pulse it in a grinder or just chop them with a knife as per your liking.
- To the chicken stock, add black pepper, salt, chicken, corn kernels along with crushed corn kernels.
- Cook on medium flame, wait for a boil and add the corn starch and keep stirring.
- On getting the required consistency, turn the flame to high, add a whisked egg to the soup and keep stirring while adding the egg so that the egg gets distributed evenly.
- After 2 minutes, turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with suggested servings.
People also like: Restaurant Style Butter Chicken Recipe