Boneless Chicken Biryani
Who doesn’t like biryani? But some of us may step back from preparing it because of the amount of hard work it takes. We are here with a recipe of boneless chicken biryani. We assure you won’t regret trying it. It is super simple and super tasty. A recipe worth trying! Let’s get started with the recipe!
For Steaming Rice
- Rice – ¾ kg or 750 grams
- Water – 5 cups
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Bay leaves – 2
- Star Anise – 1
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon Sticks – 2 small
- Black cardamom – 1
- Cardamom – 3
For Fried Onions
- Onions – 3 large
- Oil – 3 large table spoons
For Chicken Marination
- Chicken Boneless – 500 grams
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander and Cumin seed powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- All spice powder – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Curd – ½ cup
- Coriander leaves chopped – ½ cup
- Mint leaves – ½ cup
- Saffron – few strands/ orange food colour
- Milk – 2 tablespoons
- Ghee – 2 tablespoons
- Wash the rice well and soak it in 8 cups of water.
- Slice the onions and deep fry them in 3 large tablespoons of oil and divide them in half.
- One portion for cooking chicken and the other for garnishing.
- Marinate the chicken with Salt and Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Let it sit on a sieve so that excess water is removed.
- After half an hour, marinate the chicken pieces with red chili powder, coriander and cumin seed powder, turmeric powder, all spice powder, one teaspoon oil and curd.
- In the pan with half the fried onions and remaining oil, add the marinated chicken and cook on medium flame for 15 minutes.
- Cook till the chicken is done.
- Add half of the chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves to it.
- Turn off the flame.
- To the soaked rice, add bay leaves, star anise, cloves, cinnamon, black cardamom, cardamom and salt. Also add water if necessary.
- Boil till the rice is almost done.
Layering the rice and chicken
- Take a slightly large vessel, add a layer of rice.
- Add a layer of Chicken followed by few fried onions, chopped coriander and chopped mint.
- Repeat the layers till both rice and chicken are finished.
- Make sure to add the last layer of rice.
- Garnish with remaining fried onions, chopped coriander and chopped mint.
- Add saffron milk or food colour mixed with milk.
- Finish it by adding ghee, this results in an awesome smell.
- Close the lid and cook on low flame for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
You may also like: Chicken Masala in Red Gravy Recipe