Hi! Have to ever prepared baby potatoes? Yes? Even if you’ve made it, I’m sure you didn’t try the way that is mentioned in this article. Today, we will see how to make Spicy and Tangy baby potatoes.
Even if you’ve not made baby potatoes earlier, you can try this one! It is super simple to make. You get baby potatoes easily in the market these days and the other ingredients we will use are all present at everyone’s home. So, let us start!!
How to cook baby potatoes
- Baby potatoes – ½ kg
- Water – to boil
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves 10 – 15 (chopped)
- Dry red chillies – 2 (halved)
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Coriander and Cumin seed powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Boiled and peeled baby potatoes
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
Jump to: Best Pav Bhaji Recipe Ever
- Coriander leaves – handful (chopped)
- Green chilly – 1 (de-seeded and chopped)
- Add the baby potatoes, salt and water in a pressure cooker.
- Cook till one whistle.
- Let its temperature come to normal.
- Now peel them and keep aside.
- In a pan, add oil.
- Add cumin seeds, dry red chillies, chopped curry leaves.
- Sauté for a minute.
- It’s time to add the spices.
- Start by adding red chilli powder, followed by turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander and cumin seed powder.
- Mix them all, add two teaspoons of water, this avoids burning of spices.
- Add the boiled and peeled baby potatoes.
- Let the baby potatoes coat with the spices.
- Add tomato ketchup and salt to taste.
- Also add half cup of water.
- Cook on high heat till it boils then turn the flame to low.
- Let it stay on low flame till the water evaporates.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Turn the flame off.
- The spicy and tangy baby potatoes are ready to serve!