Hi everyone! In this article, we will see how to prepare keema cutlet recipe. This is considered to be a long recipe, but with some multitasking the result will be excellent.
It is a recipe that I learnt from my grandmother. We make it using mutton mince that will be stuffed in potato filling and will be coated with a mixture and fried. Without wasting much time let us look into the recipe.
How to Make Mutton/Chicken Kheema Cutlet(Cutlis/Cutlass)
For Potatoes mixture:
- Potatoes – 1g
- Water – for boiling
- Salt – 1 tsp + as per taste
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tsps chopped
- Mint leaves – 1 tsp chopped
- Mutton mince – 300gm
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onions – 2
- Salt – as per taste
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Water – to make a smooth batter
- Salt – 2 pinch
- Black pepper powder – 1 pinch
- Boil or pressure cook the potatoes along with water and some salt.
- After they are completely done, put them on a sieve to drain excess water.
- Once it cools down a bit, peel them.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Add salt, pepper, chopped coriander, chopped mint leaves and mix them well.
- Keep this aside.
- Divide them into 18-20 balls of equal size.
For the stuffing
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add sliced onions, sauté till it turns brown.
- Turn the flame to low.
- Add salt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, pinch of turmeric powder.
- Mix them well, without letting it burn.
- Add a dash of water and the minced meat.
- Let all the spices and onions get coated on the minced meat.
- Now, add some water and let the minced meat get cooked.
- It takes around 2-3 whistles.
- Remove the lid and check for the seasoning.
- Cook on high flame till the water is evaporated completely.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to it. (Believe me it enhances the flavour of the stuffing!)
- Remove excess oil, reserve this oil for future use.
- Let it cool down, add juice of half a lemon.
- The stuffing is now ready.
Bringing Cutlis into shape
- Grease you palms with the reserved oil.
- Take appropriate amount of Potato mixture, flatten it on your palm.
- Add a teaspoon or two of the minced meat stuffing.
- Now make a shape of it as shown in the video.
For the Batter
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, water, milk, salt and black pepper.
- Make a batter by whisking it.
- The batter should neither be too thick nor too watery.
- Add oil on a tawa/griddle for frying.
- Add the prepared cutlis in the batter, coat it well.
- Drop it in the oil.
- Fry well on both sides.
- Cutlis are ready to serve.
People also like: Secret Recipe of Murgh Musallam
Follow this Cutlet recipe Step by Step and enjoy this amazing mutton cutlet with rice and dal. You can also have a version of chicken keema cutlet recipe using same recipe and just replacing the mutton with chicken. If you liked our efforts, do share these recipes on social sites with your family and friends.