Broasted Chicken Recipe
Hi everyone! Have you ever tasted Broasted Chicken? The crispness, the tenderness, the taste, makes you awe! Right? In this article, you will go through a broasted chicken recipe, like never before. Do try and let us know your feedback through the comments. Let us get started with the recipe!
- Chicken – 1 kg (8 pieces)
For Brine solution
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Vinegar – ½ cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Ginger Garlic Paste – ½ tsp
For Broast Mix
- Flour – 1 large cup
- Corn Flour – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Garlic Powder – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – 1 pinch
For Egg Mixture
- Egg – 2
- Milk – ½ cup
- Salt – a pinch
People also try: Secret Recipe of Murgh Musallam
- Wash the Chicken pieces well. We prefer making this recipe using Skinless Chicken. Get them cut into 8 pieces (neither too small, nor too large).
- Prick the pieces with a fork. This will help in even cooking.
- Mix water, vinegar, salt, black pepper powder and ginger garlic paste. This is our brine solution.
- Leaving the pricked chicken pieces into the brine solution 4-8 hours is recommended. But if you have less time, let it sit in the solution for at least an hour.
- Put the plain flour, corn flour, salt, black pepper, red chili powder, garlic powder and a pinch of baking soda in a bowl. This is the Broast Mix.
- Whisk an egg with milk, add a pinch of salt. This is our Egg mixture.
- Remove the chicken from the brine solution, place it on the colander to get rid of any excess brine solution.
- In the meanwhile, heat oil in a wok, sufficient enough to deep fry the chicken.
- Cover the chicken pieces with broast mix, piece by piece.
- Dip them in egg mixture, remove excess and put them again in the broast mix.
- This has to be done a bit quickly, piece-by-piece.
- If you do them in bulk, chicken won’t get marinated well.
- Slowly add the pieces in the hot oil, add 3-4 pieces at a time.
- Do not overcrowd the wok/pan, this may reduce the temperature of oil and the coating on the chicken might come off.
- Fry well on one side, then turn the chicken. Turning it again and again might not result in what we are desiring for.
- Remove on an absorbent sheet after you are satisfied with the golden colour of it.
- Plate it along with shredded cabbage.
- Serve hot with mayonnaise, garlic sauce, tomato ketchup.
You may like: Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe